Your Voice, Our Community
We have made it to the halfway point of our strategic planning process! Since our June 16 community workshop, we have forged forward, continuing to learn from Alexandria by listening to Alexandrians. Our workshop results highlighted common concerns such as affordable housing, collaboration, and inclusion. We have continued to analyze Alexandria from both a broad and a narrow perspective. We have looked nationally to comparable-sized foundations and spoken to their leaders while also honing in on Alexandria’s changing demographics and existing nonprofit environment. If you would like to add your voice to the conversation, please contact Hannah Lee at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-739-7778.
Strategic Planning Overview
ACT is a community foundation and you – the community -- hold us accountable. We work with donors, nonprofits and civic leaders to improve the lives of Alexandrians by turning ideas into action and resources into results.
Your voice – and the voices of other Alexandrians – will inform our priorities in the years to come. The ultimate result of the strategic planning process is a strategic compass that will give direction to our work in the years ahead.
- Mid-June: Surveyed current and prospective donors and donor input meetings
- Mid-June through July: Completed interviews with local nonprofit leaders
- June 16: Community “Design Workshop.” This interactive session brought a cross-section of stakeholders together for collective brainstorming and conversation.
- June – July: Community Poll in partnership with the Alexandria Times. The community was invited to offer their opinions on key questions.
- August: Design Thinking sessions with ACT grantees. This session will bring together past grantees to help shape and refine our strategic plan