Program & Marketing Coordinator
Part-Time Position (.5FTE)
ACT for Alexandria is searching for a part-time Program & Marketing Coordinator who is eager to work for a dynamic community foundation. ACT works to increase charitable investment and community engagement in Alexandria, Virginia. We have a small 4-person team based in Old Town Alexandria and we are working to increase our presence throughout Alexandria.
- Provide support to Chief Program Officer to help strengthen and increase relationships with stakeholders across Alexandria and mobilize action around the 2020 Census and Racial Equity
- Assist with building the capacity of nonprofit organizations by supporting Spring2ACTion - Alexandria’s Giving Day, Capacity Building Grants program, and IMPACT Forum
- Plan and develop “On the Table” conversation events throughout the City of Alexandria
- Prepare and administer surveys
- Provide support for meetings and events, as needed
- Provide support to the Community Investment Committee and Grant Committee
- Manage all organization communication channels including social media, website, newsletter, donor communications, and assist in developing and executing ACT’s marketing and communications plan, including marketing and communications efforts for key organizational initiatives such as Spring2ACTion, special events, etc.
- Provide support for ACT Marketing & Communications Committee
- Collect and review data (text and graphics) for newsletter and organization communication. Draft copy ensuring consistency in branding and messaging. Send to staff for review.
- Assist in maintaining stakeholder information in relevant databases (Constant Contact, Donor Perfect, etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships with printers, photographers, graphic designers, etc.
- Five years relevant work experience, preferably within nonprofit or philanthropic organizations
- Strong writing skills with story-telling capacity.
- Dexterity with the tools of social media
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Possesses solid communication skills with experience writing compelling and accessible copy for newsletters, press releases, websites, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management skills, including drafting and monitoring project workplans and timelines
- Familiarity with survey design and email communication tools like Constant Contact and Survey Monkey
- Possesses a “can do” attitude
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Flexible, 20 hours a week.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds. There is a significant amount of carrying boxes with marketing materials to events at various locations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, and ACT is flexible about what days or portion of days this part-time person wants to work. ACT’s work hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Only local travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience in a fast-paced professional environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must possess a Driver’s License
ACT for Alexandria provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACT for Alexandria complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ACT for Alexandria expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ACT for Alexandria’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Benefits
$20 per hour + parking
Submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Sally Gardner, Operations Manager, 201 King Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314 or email to email@example.com