Alexandria Youth Support Network Manager
FT contract position September 2020 – June 2021
ACT for Alexandria, the Frank & Betty Wright Foundation, Alexandria City Public Schools, the City of Alexandria, youth-serving community organizations and other community stakeholders are forming a collaborative network to ensure that all children in Alexandria can be successful with distance learning during the 2020/2021 school year. The Network is essential in supporting ACPS’ Virtual Plus+ vision for supervision and other supports necessary for K-12 students in need of support during the school day and after school hours. This is an emergent network; our vision is that it will become a long-term support for high-quality, sustainable youth-serving programs that enable all of Alexandria’s children to succeed.
Position Role & Responsibilities:
Catalyze the Network
• Facilitate the development of the Network’s vision, goals and values, with a focus on racial equity
• Lead and oversee Network convenings including designing and facilitating network convenings and organizing logistics, including meeting locations, materials, reminders, etc.
• Facilitate information sharing, best practice sharing and collective problem solving among Network participants
Coordinate the Network
• Serve as a liaison, maintaining ongoing communication among all participants within the Network; assist with any issues as they arise
• Support cross-organization communication and collaboration within the Network, including ACPS core partners and supplemental partners
• Build internal infrastructure to support the Network
• Track project progress, outcomes, bottlenecks
• Capture key takeaways and next steps from convenings
• Manage network finances and budget
• Perform site visits to stay aware of network projects and stewardship collaborations between participants
Communicate with and for the Network
• Function as primary point of contact for the network internally and externally
• Connect with each individual participant of the network to understand their work, their organization, etc.
• Provide regular updates to Network members about issues that will support their work and effectiveness, including information about safety and security measures during COVID-19, funding opportunities and access to other resources, professional development opportunities, etc.
• Represent the Network at various meetings
Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of models of cross collaboration within youth-serving organizations
• Knowledge of Alexandria nonprofits, and/or history of meaningful partnership and collaboration with stakeholders in the City of Alexandria is preferred
• Understanding and appreciation of the cultural and organizational differences of partners across the network
• Strong interpersonal abilities, with an ability to work across sectors with diverse organizations and people
• Track record as an effective collaborator and network builder; success in aligning multiple, diverse stakeholders towards a common goal
• Solid facilitation and presentation skills
• Exceptional attention to detail, high-level of organizational skills and ability to effectively manage time
• Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines
• Experience leading dynamic, emergent initiatives; comfort with uncertainty and ambiguity
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Comfortable with technology
• Understanding of educational, social service and other systems that impact children and youth success
• Working knowledge of out-of-school time programs, before care/after care and youth development
• The Network Manager will report to a Steering Committee comprised of key stakeholders in the network
• The Network Manager will be paid as a consultant with ACT for Alexandria
• This position is funded through a partnership of several different funders
• Position will be funded for September 2020 – June 2021, with the goal of securing additional funding to continue longer term
• Salary will be commensurate with experience
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and include Network Manager in the subject line. The deadline for submissions is September 21, 2020.
ACT for Alexandria provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACT for Alexandria complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ACT for Alexandria expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ACT for Alexandria’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.