Establishing a named grantmaking fund is easy, and can be often completed in less than a day.
- First, decide what type of contribution you would like to use to establish the fund.
- Select a name for the fund. You can use your own name, the name of a family member or one you invent.
- Designate current fund advisors such as you and your spouse, and successor advisors such as children.
- Complete and sign a simple governing document that we will provide.
Once a grantmaking fund is established, you may:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged: in the name of the fund or anonymously.
- If a donor advised fund has been established, the donor may recommend distributions from their fund to charities, locally or throughout the United States.