When ACT asked our Board Members, “What are you thankful for in our Community” we had some wonderful responses that we would like to share:
- "At this time of year I cannot help but reflect that we are so extremely fortunate to live in such a vibrant community that believes in sharing its blessings."
- "I live in Alexandria because I am thankful for the community of neighbors and friendly people. I like walking our dogs to the park, walking to restaurants and biking to get an errand done. I like the fact that we are on the water and yet 20-minutes from DC but the lifestyle feels like an old fashion neighborhood where people care about you."
- "As a resident of Alexandria for 45 years, I am deeply thankful for its rich history, the wonderful diversity of its citizenship and the multitudes of caring people who continually strive to make this city one of the best places to live in America."
- "I am thankful for being fortunate enough to be in a position to help others."
- "I am thankful for a dynamic community that is committed to improving the quality of life for all of its citizens."
- "For the research that enables smart and impactful philanthropic decisions to address the most pressing issues of our community."
- "I’m thankful for my relationships in the community."
- "I am thankful for the privilege of living in a city with magnificent, natural and historic surroundings as well as a generous, caring population."
Guess what Pamela, John, and Brandi at ACT are thankful for? YOU!