ACT for Alexandria, Volunteer Alexandria and The Sorkin Center at Compass are excited to work together to connect Board candidates and nonprofits in Alexandria through Compass’ On Board program. The On Board program focuses on strengthening nonprofit boards by matching business professionals to nonprofits that need board members.
Why On Board?
The On Board program supports nonprofits in achieving many of their board development goals:
• Access to skilled business professionals
• Ability to diversify board composition
• Broadened corporate connections
• “Board-ready” candidates
• Access to new potential funding sources
• Board training through participation in the Sorkin Center Nonprofit Board Training Program
501(c)3 nonprofit organizations may apply if they have:
- A Board of Directors
- Directors & Officers Insurance
- A minimum annual budget of $250,000
- A mission that benefits the Alexandria community
- Organizations are not accepted that promote a specific religion, religious or political beliefs
Attend the Info Session on Thursday, January 16 at 9am to learn more about the program and application criteria and details. RSVP here: https://actvacompassonboard.eventbrite.com
The cost per board member match is $250. Deadline for organizations to apply is February 14, 2020.
If you know of Board members interested in going through the On Board program and training, there will be an info session for individuals on Friday, January 24 at 8am. For more details, visit: https://www.volunteeralexandria.org/opportunity/a0C1B00001Yz57aUAB