Are you looking for new board members? Compass’ On Board program focuses on strengthening nonprofit boards by matching business professionals to nonprofits that need board members – many of whom live in Northern Virginia and are seeking to serve a local nonprofit. Join us for an Info Session with Nalini Rogers, Director of On Board to learn more about the program and hear from Kari Galloway, Friends of Guest House and Shannon Steene, Carpenter's Shelter as they share about their experience receiving board members from the program. Click here to register for the information session on Wednesday, January 16.
Why On Board? The On Board program supports nonprofits in achieving many of their board development goals:
- Access to skilled business professionals
- Ability to diversify board composition
- Broadened corporate connections
- “Board-ready” candidates
- Access to new potential funding sources
- Board training through participation in the Sorkin Center Nonprofit Board Training Program
Nonprofit Board Placement. Since the program’s inception in 2014, Compass has placed 121 candidates onto the boards of 82 nonprofits, with 27 nonprofits taking more than one On Board candidate.
Nonprofits interested in finding a board member should:
- Be a 501c3 nonprofit organization with a mission that benefits the Greater Washington, D.C. community and does not promote a specific religion, or religious or political beliefs.
- Have a Board of Directors with an engaged board chair and regular board meetings
- Have Directors and Officers insurance
- Have a minimum annual budget of $750,000
- Be in a position to take on new board members