THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ATTENDED IMPACT 2015!
IMPACT: Innovation + Philanthropy is a forum that convenes board, business, City, community and nonprofit leaders to discuss innovations in philanthropy and strategies for building the capacity of nonprofit organizations and individuals to make a lasting impact in the community.
In its eleventh year, more than 200 leaders from across nonprofit, private and government sectors came together at the forum to discuss strategies for making widespread change. Paul Schmitz, CEO of Leading Inside Out, was the keynote speaker at IMPACT. Schmitz emphasized the need for collective impact, stating that "we need all kinds of leaders to step up with what they have" in order to make widespread change. After the keynote, attendees dispersed to attend three, concurrent breakout sessions.
Please see below for resources from the keynote speaker and from each of the breakout sessions.
Event & Keynote Speaker Resources:
- Download the event press release
- Purchase Paul Schmitz's book, Everyone Leads: Building Leadership from the Community Up
- Learn more about Paul Schmitz on Leading Inside Out
- Join the Collective Impact Forum
- Read more about the Rosa Parks' Story and the story of Monte Allen
- Follow Paul on Twitter at @PaulSchmitz1
- View photos from IMPACT
Breakout Session Resources:
Equity & Inclusion Begin Within: Panelists: Paul Schmitz, Debra Collins, City of Alexandria, Dr. Julie Crawford, Alexandria City Public Schools Sponsored by: Manchester-Stapleton Family Fund
Good, Better, Best: Understanding the Performance Imperative:. Panelists: Adrian Bordone, Social Solutions, Victoria Vrana, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Mary Winkler, The Urban Institute Sponsored by: Mason Hirst Foundation
- Download The Performance Imperative
- Keep Learning: Resources on The Performance Imperative
- Purchase Leap of Reason: Managing To Outcomes In An Era of Scarcity
- McKinsey on Society: Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool
Access Other Related Articles and Resources:
- Evaluation Capacity Diagnostic Tool
- Urban Institute: D.C. Out-of-School Time Programs Tackle Outcome Measures
- Urban Institute: Evaluation Matters
- Urban Institute: Performance Measurement and Management
More than Dollars & Deductions: Creating Mutually Beneficial Partnerships Among Local Businesses & Nonprofits: .Panelists: Jennifer Nycz-Conner, Washington Business Journal, Jennifer Ferrara, BB&T, Kari Galloway, Friends of Guest House, Amy Rutherford, Old Town Boutique District/Red Barn Mercantile, Robert Shea, Grant Thornton Sponsored by: BB&T Bank
- Friends of Guest House: "We Need a Van" Video
- Friends of Guest House: Thank You Video
- Grant Thornton: The State of the Not-for-Profit Sector in 2015
The event concluded with a networking lunch and a brief information session on ACT's capacity building grant opportunities. To learn more and submit a Letter of Inquiry, please click here.
Networking Lunch Sponsor
Networking Lunch Sponsor
Breakout Session Sponsors
MANCHESTER-STAPLETON FAMILY FUND
Have questions or suggestions? Please contact Brandi Yee, Chief Program Officer, at email@example.com or 703-739-7778.