The ACT Professional Advisors Council is a group of attorneys, accountants, financial planners, brokers, bank trust officers and other financial professionals interested in encouraging their clients to incorporate philanthropy in their estate-planning. Council members gather for educational and networking events and share important news and resources related to philanthropy trends and opportunities. The Professional Advisors Council promotes ACT through professional societies and speaking opportunities with community and civic groups. Membership is free.
Members enjoy a number of benefits including:
- A network of professionals available to answer complex charitable giving questions
- Access to ACT's expertise to assist clients who are considering charitable giving options
- Opportunities to meet with nonprofit organizations, especially those serving low-income children and families
- Avenues to promote charitable giving, such as ACT presentations to colleagues at your firm or your professional associations, and articles available about charitable giving for your newsletters
- Community visability via our promotion of the ACT Professional Advisors Council in the press and other media
- Periodic emails containing useful information about charitable resources
For more information about ACT's Professional Advisor Council, please call (703) 739-7778.
The steering committee for the Professional Advisors Council is chaired by Alice Paik, Brown Advisory.
- Patience Alexander, PAA Law
- Laurie Blackburn, Speck-Caudron Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
- Michael Duprey, Blumont Capital Advisors, LLC
- Rose Gentile, New York Life
- Kim Fiske, Fiske Law Group
- Nicholas Harris, Cassaday & Company, Inc.
- Freeman Jelks, Independent Advisor
- John Kreutzer, Scott and Stringfellow
- Josh Krieg, Merrill Lynch
- Charlie Lanman, Independent Advisor
- Mary Maginniss, Independent Advisor
- David Markley, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- Sharon McMichael, Goodman & Co.
- Richard Morrison, Merrill Lynch
- Peter Muckerman, Raymond James
- Alice Paik, Brown Advisory
- David Speck, Speck-Caudron Investment Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
Stay tuned for more information on upcoming Professional Advisors Education and Social Events.