We believe the diversity of our community is one of Alexandria’s greatest assets. ACT envisions a future when race no longer predicts one’s outcomes in life, when everyone has what they need to thrive, no matter what neighborhood they live in, the color of their skin, their gender, or where they were born. This vision of a vibrant community is core to our work. In order to move this vision forward, ACT has hosted:
- Allyship Workshops – training that addresses what it means to be an ally for racial equity and builds bridges to ensure equity, opportunity, and inclusion for everyone. The workshops will take place on November 3 & 4 from 10AM-1PM. The cost to participate is $85 per person.
- Grants – capacity-building support to help nonprofits build know-how and knowledge about racial equity with their staff, board, and constituents.
- Learning Lab – a six-month peer cohort program to equip leaders in effective racial equity implementation in their organizations.
- IMPACT Racial Equity Forum – a forum that convenes board, business, City, community, philanthropic and nonprofit leaders to learn, connect and commit to an equitable Alexandria.
- Shared Voices Town Halls – community conversations that bring people together to dialogue to build deeper understanding and surface new ideas and solutions.